In this role you will manage the Facilities Management supply Chain and the Retail Management liaison at store level on a day to day basis in order to maximise FM service delivery standards and assist in creating a world class retail environment where shopping is a delight and working is safe and enjoyable.
This role reports directly into the Assistant Head of Facilities Management
Need to haves:
- Minimum of ten years' experience in a similar discipline
- Fluency in English and German is essential
- Fluency in Dutch is highly desirable
- Proven track record of managing FM supplier base operations and retail management liaison functions in a multi-site environment
- Strong M&E background and extensive experience in the management of modern building services installations
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Natural communicator and relationship builder
- Passionate about delivery standards and continuous improvement
- Able to lead projects, initiatives and integrate business and FM objectives
- Competition and industry aware
- A strong creative and structured approach
- Strong commercial understanding of the FM and retail industries
- Regional knowledge and experience is highly regarded
- Understanding of corporate social responsibility and especially safety, health, and environmental management
- Willing to travel and be available 24/7 in case of emergency response requirements
Your top responsibilities:
Ensure FM Delivery Standards to stores at all times
- Ensure through management of the FM supplier base and co-ordination between the FM department and Retail Management that stores can trade at all times.
- Monitor and performance manage the FM supplier base to continuously improve the service delivery standards being achieved
- Conduct supplier performance reviews including service quality audits and verification of PPM programmed visits.
- Be available for out of hours emergency call-outs where a store is threatened by partial or full closure
Liaison with Store Management
- Attend store visits with store management (and FM supplier base representatives if appropriate) to receive and register their feedback, deal with any of their FM related concerns, check the outstanding items on the CMMS system (PRIMMS), take part in a visual standards and compliance check by walking through the store and backroom areas, inform them of any updates or latest FM department initiatives or projects, allow them to participate in the supplier base partners performance evaluation activities
- Feedback key findings from store visits through structured visit reports to the Assistant Head of Facilities for dissemination with other stakeholders of for suggested improvement follow-up action
- Create and maintain a visit plan to ensure each store in his/her allocated area gets at least one full visit every six months, communicate this plan with store management, and send appropriate reminders shortly prior to intended visits to avoid absence or misunderstanding on either side
- Discuss with store management any planned re-launch activity, significant repairs, upgrades or out of hours access to their stores.
- Assist store management in the run up to the opening of any new stores in the area by providing a single point of communication for all matters relating to post opening FM matters.
Managing the FM supplier base on a day to day basis
- Continually monitor the helpdesk system to ensure maintenance requests in the region's stores are dealt with within the contractually allocated parameters.
- Chair the monthly operational review meetings with the main FM hard and soft services providers, which should include a review of their monthly performance, a discussion on any lessons learned from failures or mistakes during the past month, acceptance of a supplier's recovery plan in case of poor performance standards, a walk around with the supplier in the store where the meeting is being held to visually confirm delivery standards and legal compliance, information and thoughts exchange on potential improvements to the standards and/or budget efficiencies, etc.
- Carry out impromptu audits on quality of maintenance being performed on site, which could include joining a supplier's management representative on their own monthly store audit to verify that audit is carried out to the agreed standards in a consistent manner by everyone involved.
- Feedback key findings from these operational review meetings through structured performance reports to the Assistant Head of Facilities for dissemination with other stakeholders of for suggested improvement follow-up action
- Liaise with the FM department members in the Dublin office to ascertain the Supplier base partners helpdesk performance and customer service approach, and seek any correlation between this and on site performance (good or bad), in the event of disconnect between the two, take necessary action to redress the balance.
- Manage any assigned ad-hoc responsibilities such as specification reviews or project roll-outs.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholder departments such as EHS, Store Development, Procurement, Finance, Supply Chain and Retail Operations to deliver service and solutions on a "best for business" basis.
- Lead the FM team at FM hand over (FMHO) meetings. Prepare the FMHO report and liaise with Store Development, Primark Property Department and Retail with regards to the closing out of store development project defects and omissions.
- Monitor and manage spend in all maintenance, energy and waste categories and liaise with Assistant Head of Facilities and Supplier Performance manager with regards to any potential deviations from budget.
- Review all supplier quotations and consider necessity, alternative solutions, value, compliance, impact on other stakeholders and total cost of ownership of all proposals.
- Validate supplier invoices and in so doing consider accuracy, veracity and compliance with contract terms.
- Review PRIMMS usage and liaise with contractors, store management or finance as required to correct any anomalies.
- Seek continuous improvement opportunities and work with other stakeholders to deliver operational efficiencies
- Whilst it is unlikely that people will report in to you, you should still seek to positively motivate any Primark employees or supplier base partner representatives through constructive or positive feedback, praising when a job is well done, and correcting failure or mistakes in a clear, assertive and non-emotional manner.
- Optimise stakeholder morale though effective communication and promotion of a positive partnership environment whilst ensuring staff are fully aware of company policy
- Lead by example especially in matters such as HSE compliance, energy consumption, dress code, etc
- Full understanding of the Primark contractual FM framework and its KPI/SLA Register
- Accountable for meeting legal compliance and FM delivery standards on a day to day basis
- Ensure that suppliers comply with the Primark Code of Practice on the Procurement of Merchandise
- Ensure awareness of Corporate Social Responsibility Policy